ABM

Sunday, August 3, 2014

July 6, 2014 Letter

Hey Family,
 
I am glad to hear that everyone enjoyed Canada Day and Independence Day. Mom I can't believe that you actually went to Raymond. That doesn't happen very often. Justin and Amelia it sounds like you have a big party ahead of you. Have fun! Also happy birthday to Mom this upcoming week on the 11th! Mom I hope everybody spoils you. You definitely deserve it. I love you!

Thank you so much Julie for sending that gel seat. It has arrived and it works great! It has saved me from a lot of discomfort.

Well fortunately this week my companion has been feeling better. So we have been able to work more. We have also been able to catch up with a few people. We caught up with an investigator we haven't seen for awhile named Jen. Last time we saw her it seemed like she was trying to avoid us and didn't want to take any more discussions. She said she would get back to us when she had time for us to come around. She never got back to us, so of course we went and found her. She had been reading the Book of Mormon and really loving it. She also realizes that she needs to be baptized again. She has definitely felt the Spirit and now we are just trying to get her to act on it. We are excited.

We also caught up with Brandon this week. He seems to be making some progress. I really feel like he knows the Book of Mormon is true. He has attended church quite a bit as well. Apparently he really didn't like when the last missionaries "tried to set a day for him to be baptized." He really does not like to be pushed. So we have talked to his fiance and some of his friends about how we are going to work with him. I really believe that he will come around. I have already started to see a bit of change in him. We just have to keep working with him.

Something that really hit me this week is that the Lord has so many blessings that He is willing and wanting to give us, but He is just waiting for us to ask in faith. He is wanting to help us both spiritually and physically. Just like it tells us in Matthew 11: 27-30, He can very literally lighten our burdens as we learn of Him and come unto Him. That is something I am so grateful for. I know I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and wants the best for me. I have a Savior Jesus Christ who suffered and died for me so that I can find peace and comfort even in the darkest of times. It is because of Him that we are able to be with the people we love forever. We are so blessed to have this knowledge. I know it is true! I know this Gospel is true! I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment