ABM

Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30, 2014 Letter


Hi family,
Well it sounds like it was quite the enjoyable week back home. Everybody is getting into Summer mode. Amelia that is exciting that your whole family is coming up. How did you get them all to come up to Canada? That is awesome! Karen I am sorry to hear about your broken toe. Do you remember when you broke your toe on my heel? Cammie you are getting big! It is so close. That is exciting. Do you think he will have red hair?

Mom I have not received the Gel seat yet. It might be up at the mission office. So hopefully I get it soon. And people do eat a lot of lamb over here. It is actually really good.

This week was a pretty rough one for us. Elder Scott was pretty sick for a few days so he was in bed for quite a while. There seems to be some sickness going around. Elder Tini (another Elder in our flat) got pretty sick the other week as well. It must be this cold winter. Just kidding. But there really is a sickness going around.

I don't know what it is, but our investigators seem to be crazy busy. That is life. So we have had a lot of appointments cancelled on us. They are great people that if we could just get the time to have a good lesson with, I feel that they would really progress. But there is only so much that we can do. We just have to keep trying. So we knocked on doors quite a bit this week. Things are headed in the right direction though. We know that as we continue to work hard, things will happen.

Our area may have had a rough week, but our mission as a whole has been doing awesome. For the month of June our mission set a goal for 100 convert baptisms. That has never been reached before in our mission. This morning we had a mission wide conference call telling us that as a mission we had reached 103 convert baptisms for the month of June and there are 2 more today. So we will finish this month with a total of 105 convert baptisms. It is a real testimony builder to me that the Lord is preparing people to accept the Gospel. Often people don't know what they are missing until they experience it. The Gospel changes lives! It gives us hope and brings us peace. I am so grateful to have this knowledge in my life. I am so grateful that I am able to share this message with others. It is so true! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment