ABM

Sunday, August 3, 2014

July 16, 2014 Letter

Hi Family,
Well it sounds like everybody is having quite the week at Waterton. I love Waterton! It even sounds like the weather isn't too bad. It must be a full house. Cammie are the days starting to get longer now that the baby is so close? Jason and Kamry it is so weird that Penny is already starting to walk. For me it seems like she was just born. That is awesome! Jason that is really cool that Dad will get to ordain you to be a High Priest. Congratulations.
I am writing later in the week because today we had our Temple Pday. We get to go to the temple once every transfer (6 weeks). We are very lucky to have that in our mission. It is great! It definitely gives us that Spiritual boost to go out and work harder.
Last week we taught a lot more than we have for awhile. We were really happy about that. It has been an on and off struggle with our investigators trying to get them to keep their appointments. I had a really good experience last Wednesday though. I think I have told you a bit about Tarl and Darlene. They are from New Zealand. They have 3 kids and Tarl has lots of friends that were in the church back in New Zealand. It has been a real struggle trying to meet with them. They had cancelled on us several times a week. Last Wednesday night we had not planned to see them, but something kept telling me that we needed to go see them. I didn't want them to start getting annoyed because we were stopping by so much, but the thought just kept coming back that we needed to go see them. We went and actually had a really good lesson with Tarl and his 11 year old daughter Riley. We even extended the invitation of Baptism and Tarl said yes. The Spirit was very strong. It was a real testimony builder to me that the Spirit will guide us. We just have to be willing to listen. Hopefully we can keep meeting with them. We are excited for them. 
I am so grateful for the influence of the Spirit in my life. It is very true that the smalls things make the biggest difference in our lives. As we read the scriptures daily, pray individually and with our families, attend church, etc. the Lord will bless us. He will guide us and comfort us. Growing up I found that when I did the little things, I was happier. Especially at University. I was less stressed and able to manage my time better when I did the little things. I don't know how the Lord does it, but He does. He wants us to be happy. I am so grateful for this Gospel. Thank you for all your love and support. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment