ABM

Friday, August 29, 2014

August 25, 2014 Letter

Hi family,

Well it sounds like everybody is enjoying the lake even though it is cold weather. That is good! Talia sounds like a pretty good swimmer. Who is the fastest swimmer? Remember when we all raced across the bay? Just kidding. I can't believe Summer is already coming to an end over there. Last year at this time I was just on my way to Australia. It seems like it was yesterday. Time flies. Robbie good luck with your job up in Edmonton. Sounds like your pretty excited to start working somewhere else. I would be too. Amelia are you excited for number 5? Hopefully I will see pictures of him soon.

Well it feels like Summer is coming on pretty hard over here. It is getting hot! I think we skipped spring and went straight into Summer. It will be especially hot this year because I am in Ipswich. It is very humid here. Last year I was lucky and I was up in Toowoomba.

Mom to answer a few of your questions, yes Candice does have a husband. They are separated at the moment though. It is a long story. And I actually see Garth Pitman every week. He is not only in my ward, but he is a ward missionary.

It has been another busy week for us. Its great! We are starting to see some progress in our investigators as well. We had a good lesson with our investigator Kaycee. She is a single Mom with 2 kids. She has a bad back so life is pretty tough for her right now. We have been trying to help out with her house cleaning a little bit. The relief society in the ward is really helping out as well. It is great. In our lesson we read part of 2 Nephi 31 and talked about it. We invited her to be baptized as well. She accepted! So now we need to set a date for her. We are also hoping to set a date for Dianne Maguire. She is having an operation today though. She actually asked us to give her a priesthood blessing last night before she went in though. That is a good sign.

 It is amazing how much you begin to care about someone when you serve them. I guess that is part of the reason why parents love their children so much. Sometimes it may be tough love, but it is love none the less. I feel like on my mission I get to catch of glimpse of people the way our Father in Heaven sees them. They are sons and daughters of God with potential that they can't even imagine. We have the special opportunity to serve them and help them realize their potential. I am so grateful for that. It has brought so much joy into my life. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel that we have. It is true! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

 Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment