ABM

Friday, August 29, 2014

August 18, 2014 Letter

Hi family!
 
I can't believe that Summer is already wrapping up back home. This last year has gone by so fast. Hopefully everybody gets to enjoy some time at echo lake before it gets too cold. It sounds like the next 2 weeks will be pretty fun. That is awesome to hear the news about Mason! I will continue praying for him. Alvin congrats on the interview in Alabama! That is awesome. Good luck with that.
 
It was a great week! It sounds like you have already heard, but Julie and Charlie Cahoon stopped by our pday last week with lots of treats. It was good to see them. Julie even made Mom's famous sour cream chocolate cake. It was so good!!! It was a happy day.
 
The rest of our week was pretty busy with trade-offs with missionaries, planning for our Mission President to come to our zone next week for a special training, and teaching our investigators. Kim is doing awesome! Once Alex and her are married, she will be baptized. The Maguires are having their fair share of challenges. We are trying to help.
 
The highlight of my week happened on Saturday. It is a long story. On Saturday I had the chance to go on trade-offs with the Elders up in Toowoomba (my old area). It felt like I was just there. While I was serving there in the Summer we were teaching a lady named Candice Thompson. You probably don't remember me talking about her. She had been taught for awhile but she had so many questions. We had a baptismal date for her but it didn't happen. After I left the area some sister missionaries came in and they were teaching her. Candice has continued to take lessons ever since. Well eventually she set her own baptismal date, which was last Saturday. So I was not only able to go to the baptism, but I was the one performing the baptism as well. It was great to see Candice and her kids again. The Baptism was awesome. Candice was so happy and smiling when she came up out of the water. It was a pretty awesome experience. This Gospel really does change lives!  
 
This last weekend was a real testimony builder to me that the Lord really is preparing people to accept the Gospel. Our job is to be someone that the Spirit can work through so that the Spirit can testify to them that the things we teach are true. And even though we may sometimes feel like we aren't helping somebody, no effort is ever wasted. There aren't many feelings like seeing someone you care about experience the joy of the Gospel. It is amazing to witness. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life. It is true!! Thank you for all your love and support. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low

 Three and a half months ago...

 ...to last weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment