ABM

Saturday, October 11, 2014

September 2, 2014 Letter


Hey family,
 
Well it sounds like Summer is officially over back home. That went by fast. Don't worry I still have lots of Summer ahead of me. Leslie it sounds like you are still pretty famous doing that interview. Are you use to it yet? Amelia I was surprised that you didn't have the baby yet. I am excited to see pictures next week! Also who is Zach going to take piano lessons from? That is exciting news! Is Zach doing champs as well? Does Ken McMurray still run that?
 
Dad I do have the same mission president that I came into the mission with. He finishes in in 2016. And Mom I can't think of anything that I would need Amy to bring to Australia. If anything I need to get rid of some stuff.
 
Well this has been a great week for us! We had some good lessons with Kaycee and Dianne. We were actually able to set baptismal dates for both of them. We talked about the blessings of the Gift of the Holy Ghost with Dianne. Diannes husband and daughter were both baptized recently and Dianne says it really has changed their family. Six months ago there was a lot of contention in their family. Dianne and her husband were having their struggles as well. But they have told us that since the Gospel came into their lives, things have changed. People have changed and their family relationships are much better. Anyway, Dianne is preparing to be baptized on October 4th. If she is ready though, we may even do it sooner. We will see.
 
Kaycee is a single Mom with two kids. She has a 6 year old daughter named Hailey and a 4 year old son named Lincoln. She has really been struggling trying to raise two kids on her own. The Relief Society in the ward have been a big help there. She says that when she reads the Book of Mormon it just feels right. She has definitely felt the Spirit and she has seen the blessings that come from living the commandments. She is preparing to be baptized on September 27th.
 
We are also teaching one more lady who is preparing for baptism. I can't remember if I have mentioned her but her name is Kim Burton. She is just waiting to be married so she can be baptized. Her soon to be husband is working his way back to church as well. The Wedding is on September 27th. So the baptism won't be long after that. We are excited!
 
I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love seeing the change and the healing that the Gospel brings into peoples lives. I know the Gospel was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that he actually did see our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ. We are guided today by a living prophet in Thomas S. Monson. As we follow his council we will find hope, peace, safety, and protection. It is true! I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low 

No comments:

Post a Comment