ABM

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 5, 2015 Letter

Hi Family!
 
Well I am glad to hear that everybody had a great time over the holidays! Sounds like it was very cold and everybody ate a lot of food. Not much has changed. Sorry I haven't emailed in awhile. The last few weeks have been a little crazy. We had our Pday on New Years eve last week and the library was closed. We ended up playing some volleyball and basketball. It was fun! Jason you should have left your tooth out. You would look like a real hockey player. Just kidding.
 
Karen for housing at BYU, we are good with 4 or 6 in an apartment. Mom I don't think this mission will be on facebook anytime soon. At least not in my time. And I actually lent my bike to another missionary. We are full time car at the moment so I didn't need it. I might need to get it back from him soon if I go back to biking.
 
Well this week was a little better for us. We still did a lot of door knocking. We are hoping to catch up with Addi this week. She is still on the Gold Coast. Josh is still keen to come to church, but he says he isn't quite ready to be baptized. We are still working with him. He will come around eventually. Hopefully these next few weeks will be filled with a little more teaching and less door knocking.
 
I read a great article in the December Ensign recently. I can't remember it word for word, but it talked about a way to overcome any trial. We need to ask ourselves "Do I trust God above all else?" Some might consider this to be a bit silly, but it is true. When we are doing our part and staying faithful to our covenants, God has promised us that all things will work together for our good. We may not be able to see it now, but the blessings will come. Whether they come now, later, or in the next life, God has promised that they will come. The key is to be obedient and keep moving forward. I have found that applies very strongly to missionaries. I am very grateful for the blessings I receive each day as a missionary. Some days are tougher than others, but it is so worth it! I love seeing how the Gospel changes lives. God lives and loves us! It is true! I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low
 
Christmas Morning! Elder Thomas is a big BYU fan. He got some BYU stuff as well. Also my tie came from an orphanage in Cambodia. They gave everyone in the mission one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment