ABM

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 12, 2015 Letter

Hi family!
 
It is good to hear that everybody is surviving the winter. It sounds pretty cold. It has been very rainy here. I like that better than the heat. 
 
Well it might be a short email today. It has been a pretty hectic day with transfers. I found out on Sunday night that I was getting transferred out of Ipswich. I have spent a lot of time there on my mission. It was a little sad saying bye to everybody on Monday. I will miss that place.
 
I had quite the surprise this morning at transfer meeting. I was really hoping to train a new missionary and be back on the bike, but I am still a zone leader. I am in Logan now though. We live in a place called Woodridge. I don't know if you remember, but this is where I started when I came to Australia. I was in an area called Logan 1. Now I am in Logan 2. So it isn't the exact same area, but it is the same ward. I stay in the same place I did when I was here before though. It is a very run down place! Very dangerous at times as well. Our flat is pretty run down as well. So I came from the nicest place I have stayed on my mission to the most run down place. It is very funny actually. It is going to be good to see everybody in the ward again. I don't know if anybody will remember me. There are heaps of Muslim people around here as well. Not many people speak great Enlgish. My companions name is Elder To'ia. He is from Tonga. This area has really been stuggling! They haven't had a baptism in a long time and it sounds like we don't have anybody very close. It is going to be some tough work! I am very excited.
 
To be honest, when they took me out of Logan last time it was very sudden. I was emergency transferred. I look back and it kind of felt like my work here wasn't finished. Now I know that it wasn't finished. The Lord is in control and He has me here for a reason. I am excited to find out what that reason is. It won't be easy, but things that are worth achieving take work. The Gospel is true! He is at the Head of this work. There are people prepared everywhere to accept the Gospel. We just have to find them. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment