ABM

Sunday, June 29, 2014

May 18, 2014 Letter

Hi Family,
 
First of all happy anniversary to Mom and Dad. 35 years is pretty amazing! But that is just the start of the rest of eternity. I am sure I can speak for everybody in saying thank you for all that you have done for us. You have both sacraficed so much for your kids. We love you.
 
Robbie I am really sorry to hear about the news. That really surprises me. The Lord must have something special in store for you and your family. Often we have to be patient to find out what it is. Sometimes things don't work out the way we would like them too, but they will work out the way the Lord knows is best.
 
Well I am starting to figure out my new area a bit more. It is pretty large so we are full time car. We will see how long that lasts. There are still some things up in the air as to whether we are going to still be in a trio or if there is just going to be 2 of us. As for now, I am still with Elder Lolohea and Elder Manuel. It is a pretty interesting companionship. I love them!
 
As far as the work goes we are really trying to build our teaching pool. We are trying to find that balance between finding on our own efforts and working with the members. We did have dinner with a family yesterday and left them a challenge to introduce somebody to us missionaries. They told us to come back next week and they will have somebody there. So obviously they had somebody in mind. Sometimes it just takes a little effort. This seems like a really great ward so I am excited! Other than that we did quite a bit of door knocking this week and visited quite a few people. Things are starting to come along! I am excited.
 
We had the opportunity to hear Elder Hamula of the seventy this week. He came to our mission and "toured" around. One thing that really stood out to me as he spoke was how much sacrafice him and his wife have had to make in their lives. I think he said it was around 2 and a half years after he returned home from his mission he was called as a Bishop. Not long after that he was called as a stake president, and after that a Mission President. While he was a Mission President they were still having kids and raising a family. I think he even said his wife had twins while he was a Mission President. I can't even imagine how much work that would be. In the church we often have to make sacrafices. But I have realized that no matter how much we try and repair our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ, we will never be able to. As we continue to sacrafice, They continue to bless us. That is because They love us so much and want the best for us. And things that are worth accomplishing are never easy. But I know that the Lord will always provide a way to help us be where we need to be.  He has a plan for each of us. He will bless us as we keep pushing forward. I am so grateful for that! I know this Gospel is true! I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment