ABM

Sunday, June 29, 2014

May 28, 2014 Letter

Hey Family,
 
Sounds like another busy week. Mom and Dad I am glad you got to celebrate your anniversary. What did you like better, Dave's drive-in or the Keg? Just kidding. Dave's is pretty good though. Happy birthday to Justin this week! Turning 31 on the 31st. That is pretty exciting. Anything fun planned?
 
Well to answer a couple of questions, the weather here is still pretty nice. I am not sure about exact numbers, but I would guess it has been in the mid 20's at least. It has been hot enough to feel like I am burning. And Karen it is definitely much more effective to work through members. That is if they really want to help though. Investigators are usually a lot more solid when a member introduces them to the missionaries. We still have a standard amount that we have to find through our own efforts each week though.
 
Well I have some more crazy news for you. Just when I thought things couldn't change too much more. I am now with 3 new Elders! Elder Lolohea and Elder Manuel are both gone. That was pretty surprising. So now with four of us we split the area again. My companions name is Elder Scott. I am finishing his training with him. He is from California and he is six foot eleven (sorry I will have to send a picture next week). He is a really good volleyball players. He is hoping to play for BYU when he gets off his mission. I think he said he played for the US junior olympic team or something as well. He is also an awesome missionary! I love working with him. The other two Elders in our flat are great as well. Elder Boychuck is from Canada (Lethbridge), and Elder Tini is from New Zealand. We have a great group of missionaries! I am excited.
 
We are really starting to see miracles in this area as well. I don't think I mentioned much about Alex to you, but he is about 20 years old. He seems like he has a bit of a rough past so he is trying to change things around. He is looking for a job right now. We have had some great talks with him though. We even set a baptismal date for him on June 28th. There are some things we need to work on for him, but we are praying that he will be ready. Another lady we are teaching now is named Lucy. She grew up in an anti-religious home (the father), so when we came around she just said she was interested. It is interesting how the Lord works with people. There are some other people we are working with as well. The Lord is really blessing us!
 
Something I have really learned on my mission is persistence. The other night Elder Scott and I were knocking on a less-active families door for a little while. He thought it was funny that I just kept knocking. I could hear people in there and I thought they couldn't hear us because of kids, TV, etc. Finally they heard and came to the door. They were really friendly and we are going back next week. It is something small, but it payed off. It taught me the lesson though that we often have to just keep trying. There are challenges in life where we just have to keep pressing forward and trust that things will work out for the best. I am sure it wasn't easy for Joseph Smith when he and the people he loved were constantly persecuted. But as he found out, this life is short, and if we endure it well we will be exalted on high. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it. The Lord will strengthen us. This Gospel is true!! I am sure of it. I hope you all have a great week! Love you!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment