ABM

Sunday, February 2, 2014

January 27th Letter

Hi family,


Mom it sounds like you are on the run a lot from Edmonton to Cardston. That is a lot of driving. I am glad you got to go to Grandma's birthday party though. Sounds like fun. Karen happy birthday on the 30th! I can't believe how old you are. That is kind of weird, because it means I will be that old soon. It seems like yesterday that we were both in high school on the Europe trip. Time flies!


Unfortunately I have not seen Julie and Andrew yet. I probably won't see them. They stay in Ipswich right? I am in a city about an hour or so away called Toowoomba. That is too bad that they don't have air conditioning. We have some now but we didn't have any in Logan. It is not fun. Mom I got to Brisbane by car. We share a car with some other Elders so we get it every other day. I wear contacts most of the time now because my glasses were starting to give me headaches. I think it might have also been dehydration. Mom I think the reason I am growing is because I am eating too much Hungry Jacks. Hungry Jacks is really Burger King, but Australia is weird so they like to change things. Don't worry though, by the time I come home I will probably be 250 pounds of solid muscle.


Well this week was very interesting for us. There was another emergency transfer! Fortunately this time it didn't involve me. There was some other Elders in a place called Warick who got transferred out. So one of them is staying with us now. His name is Elder Yabut and he is from the Phillipines. He is in a trio with the other Elders in our flat. So we now have five Elders living in our place. We got through food like crazy. Elder Pu (the Chinese Elder) eats noodles like crazy!


We had a good week proselyting as well. We set a baptismal date with Patty Lasserre! We are aiming for March 1st. We were trying to have it sooner but she feels like she needs some time. Her biggest problem is going to be giving up smoking. It seems like everybody here smokes! Even kids. It is sad. Hopefully we can help her. A lot of our other investigators are really making progress as well. We are excited. Unfortunately none of them showed up to Church on Sunday. That was a little disappointing. I think they may have been out having some fun for Australia Day which was on Sunday. Next week!


I want you all to know that I love you so much! Families are so important in God's plan. There is a reason we are where we are with who we are. Coincidences are just the Lord's hand in our lives. I know that Toowoomba is where I am suppose to be right now. I have seen that over the past few weeks. I love seeing people accept the Gospel in their lives. It is amazing the change that it can bring. I hope you all have a great week! Love you!


Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment