ABM

Monday, January 20, 2014

January 19, 2014 Letter

Hi family,


Well it sounds like the triplets are still growing. When I get home they will probably be walking and talking. That is crazy! Dad it sounds like your pretty busy as well like usual. Keep it up. Also thank you so much for the Calendar! I would guess that would be Amelia's work. I love it! Happy birthday to Grandma French on the 26th! I was always impressed at how many of my games you made it to Grandma. It seemed like you rarely missed any if you missed any at all. I really appreciated that.


Well this week wasn't too hot for us, but this week is suppose to be hotter. That is alright. I am just glad I am not in the other areas during this time of year. Mom I do use sunscreen sometimes, and I actually do wear a hat. An old man in our ward gave me a big hat to wear. My companion wears one as well. I feel like if I didn't wear it I would get fried. It is pretty useful. Karen sometimes we do take naps on Pday if there is nothing else going on.


This week was pretty busy. I went down to Brisbane on Friday for a leadership training meeting. It is about an hour and a half to a two hour drive down to Brisbane depending on traffic and construction. It was a great meeting though. Besides that we had some great progress with some investigators this week as well. A less-active lady in our ward is dating a guy who doesn't really know much about any religion. We are now teaching both her and the guy she is dating though. Her name is Patty and his name is Noel. It is tough for Noel because it is all new to him, but he is willing to learn. We are excited for him. We also tracted into a great family this week! The Briskey family. They actually invited us in out of the heat and fed us lunch. It was a miracle! That doesn't happen very often in Australia. We were very grateful. We had a brief talk about the Plan of Salvation and set up an appointment to come back this week. They did tell us they were brought up Catholic but they wouldn't mind having us come back. So we will see what happens there.


I love seeing the different personalities of the people we meet. Sometimes they aren't so friendly, but they are still children of God. It is amazing how many times in the Doctrine and Covenants its says "the field is white already to harvest." Something we have talked about in our district is that the field is ready to harvest everywhere! Not just in Utah or somewhere else. The field is even ready to harvest in Australia! I have definitely seen that. I am so grateful for the chance I have to be serving a mission. We are so blessed to meet these people. I love the Gospel! I love the Lord! And I love all of you! I hope you have a great week.


Love,
Elder Low


P.S. As of this morning I weigh about 216 pounds. Either I am getting fat or I am hitting a growth spurt. Just thought I would throw that in there. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment