ABM

Saturday, December 7, 2013

November 24, 2013 Letter

Hi family!
 
It sounds like everybody is crazy busy back home. Lots of fun. Leslie I can't believe how big you are!!! No offense. That is crazy though. How do you walk!? Does your spine feel like its going to snap? I'm praying for you. That is exciting that it is getting closer though. It sounds like the "glory days" in Cardston are still continuing. That is awesome about the football team. I still think stuff like that can really bring the town together. That is awesome! Jason and Justin, you better enjoy alumni while I am gone. It might be pretty tough to win when I am back. Just kidding.......I need to lose some weight.
 
Anyway, this week has been awesome. Full of exciting events and some interesting people. The weather here is crazy. It has been raining quite a bit here. It makes it really humid afterward so we sweat a lot. It is great.
 
We had a couple of really fun experiences this week. Our ward had a Christmas activity last Saturday night. It was a potluck dinner and there was a dance after. Too bad I couldn't show off my dance moves. Since we have a ward full of Polynesians, there was a lot of food. I loved it! Us missionaries were suppose to be shepherds in a little nativity thing, but our costumes got taken by someone else. So we just had dinner and enjoyed ourselves. We were hoping some of our investigators would show up, but I guess none of them had time.
 
We also had a fun time at church on Sunday. Some of the primary teachers didn't show up, so they had us teach a couple of classes. I am not sure if that is even allowed, but it happened. Elder Porutu and I got to teach the 3 and 4 year-olds I think. They were funny. Not much of an attention span though. That is ok. We ended up coloring and having snacks. Some of them might have even been able to say the word "sacrament" at the end of the lesson. I hope so.
 
Well the work has been going great! We are still hoping to have a couple of baptisms on the 14th of Decemeber, but we will see how things go. The Fanueli family is awesome. We are really hoping that the Dad can work towards baptizing his kids. He just needs to get some things worked out first. The kids are great! They love having the missionaries over. We always have great lessons with that family
 
We had kind of a breakthrough this week. We have been teaching a lady named Mensung. She is Burmese and her English isn't great so it has been tough. But she mentioned to us that she wanted us to teach her kids. She has 6 kids and 4 of them are over the age of 8. They speak good English and they are very bright! So we had a lesson with them all on Saturday. Mensung wants us to come back every Saturday morning to have lessons with them. We are excited about that!
 
One more experience. So my companion and I were tracting for quite awhile on Saturday afternoon. Right as we were about to get on our bikes and head to the ward Christmas activity, a lady came out of a home and approached us. Apparently she has had some problems with making some not so good decisions. She has been trying to find Christ in her life. She told us that she was about to go out and make some bad decisions again that night, but then she saw us walking down the street. She said that seeing us stopped her from making bad decisions that night. We had a great talk with her and she really wants to get on the right path. Her name was Evalin. She wants to learn more about the church. It is awesome! Unfortunately though she was just visiting her Auntie and she doesn't live in our area. So we have to refer her to some other Elders. That is okay though.
 
I am having some amazing experiences out here! This Gospel is so true. That becomes more apparent to me each day. The Lord is preparing people everywhere to hear the Gospel. The Gospel changes lives! I love seeing that. We do have a Father in Heaven that loves us and knows us. He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for us. I am so grateful for that. I love being a missionary! I love you all! Have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment