ABM

Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2014 Letter





Hi family!

Well it sounds like everybody had a good Christmas. It was good to talk to everybody I could at Christmas. I am glad everybody is doing well. Richard and Leslie it sounds like things are going to start getting really busy now that the triplets are home. Good luck with that.

Well this week was pretty awesome for us. We had a mission Christmas party where we got together with most of the mission. We did some service in the morning ( I made bracelets for foster Children), we had a huge lunch, had a spiritual meeting, and then we ate more and watched "It's a Wonderful Life." So that was really fun. Of course we had Christmas and we got to call home. Our Christmas was pretty sweet though. We had lunch at 12, another lunch at 3, and a dinner at 6. They were all with members. So all I did was pretty much eat this Christmas. I love it! Oh ya and then I got all the lollies from home as well. It was definitely a good Christmas.

Don't worry, we found time for other things besides eating as well this week. I definitely got burnt! We had a hot weekend! It got up to 38 degrees celcius on Sunday. It has been pretty humid here as well. So I got quite the nice burn. We are having transfers today as well. That is why I am emailing today. My companion and I are both sticking around, but the two other Elders in our flat are leaving. So we will find out later who is coming in.

We had a lesson with a really awesome lady this week. Her name is Patty Lassere. Her son is a less-active member of the church and she has known about the church for awhile. We talked about baptism and she wants her son to baptize her. I think he has some problems though, so we will see how that goes. We have another lesson with her this week so I am really excited about that! We haven't seen Daniel Smith for awhile because he said he would be gone for the holidays. So we are hopefully going to see him sometime later in the week. There are so many miracles waiting to happen in this area. I love it! I am excited to continue serving here.

This Gospel is so true! I got the chance to speak in church this week. It was on Christ like service. I talked about members working with missionaries. We have the greatest message on this Earth, and to not share it with others is a little selfish of us. We never know who we can touch with a little act of kindess or just opening our mouth to talk about the Gospel. The Lord is preparing people everywhere. The work will move forward! Anyway, I hope you all have a great week. Love you all!

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment