ABM

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December 15, 2013 Letter

Hi family!
 
Well it sounds like things are pretty busy back home. It seems like they always are around Christmas time. Leslie I love those shirts that Thomas, Mason, and Luke have! That was pretty funny. Benson is getting so big! I love seeing pictures of everybody back home. Sorry I don't send more pictures. I should get better at that. That is nice that the Cougars won the Cougar Classic. That is a fun tournament to win. Who is all on the team this year?
 
Mom don't worry too much about the emergency transfer. I love it up here in Toowoomba! It is a nice area. I hope the people I was teaching down in Logan are still all doing alright. Maybe I will see them again later in my mission. As for my bike, I forgot it in my last area. So I am planning on getting it when we go down there for the mission Christmas party.
 
Well let me tell you a little bit more about my new area and my new companion. This area is a lot more modern than my last area and not as run down. It is probably safer around here as well. I am in a flat with 4 missionaries again. The other two missionaries in our flat are from Utah. You know the area you serve in is pretty white when there is a companionship that are both American. My companion, Elder Palemene, is from Samoa. He is finished his mission in March. Is English is still pretty broken. I think he understands it a lot better than he speaks it. But he is a good missionary! I love him.
 
I will try to work out how I am going to call home on Christmas. We are going to call from a members home and he is actually Canadian. So I think he has a pretty good plan to call Canada. I think he calls there a lot. I will try skype as well. Mom what is the skype account address? What time do you want me to call? I was planning on doing it sometime in the morning during boxing day here. Maybe at 9? That would mean it would be about 4 in the afternoon on Christmas Day there. Just let me know.
 
Well this week was pretty good for Elder Palemene and I. The area is pretty dry as far as investigators go. So we have really been trying to find people to teach. We have been visiting some less-active and part member families. We have also been doing a lot of tracting. The other day we tracted into a guy named Daniel Smith. He said he was convinced that God was real and he was really interested to learn what we had to say. We had a great lesson with him! He said that we cleared up a lot of views he had about Mormons. We are going back this week. I am really excited about that! Hopefully things go well there.
 
Well I hope you can all enjoy the Christmas season. I love this time of year! There is such a good Spirit around. Mom now that you have already sent your package to me, don't worry about anybody else and just enjoy Christmas. Just kidding. This is a special time though. We are so blessed to have a Savior Jesus Christ who loves us and died for us. It is amazing to think what a humble birth He had. I know in my life I have always had a lot more than I needed. I think I took a lot of things for granted. I owe so much to Him. No matter how hard I try, I will never be able to repay Him, but He still loves me. I am so Grateful for that. I know without a doubt that we have a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior Jesus Christ. When we take this time of year to remember Him, we can find so much peace. I love it! I hope you all have a great week and a Merry Christmas! Love you all!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment