ABM

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 18, 2013 Letter


 Hi family!

Well it sounds like winter is in full effect back home. That is exciting. That means Christmas is just around the corner. Robbie I am sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully things can get better. Joanie nice job on the missionary work. That is awesome!

I am emailing today because transfers was today. Elder Porutu and I are staying put though. So we have at least one more transfer serving together in this area. It will be good. We are really making progress here.

Well my email might be short this week but I just want to share a couple of things. The first one is a funny story. So Elder Porutu and I were out tracting yesterday and there was a huge storm coming in. The clouds didn't look too friendly. But we decided to just keep tracting. Anyway, the storm hit really fast. It started pouring pretty quickly. There was some pretty good size hail as well. So we ran back to our bikes as fast as we could and biked over to a house we knew near by. They gave us a nice dry shirt to wear. It was a good time.

So we are working with a part member family now. The Fanueli family. I think I might have told you a little about them already. They are such a nice family! The Father is Samoan, and the Mother is Mauri/Cook Islander. They have 3 kids that are eight and older that they want to get baptized. The parents really want to come back to church as well. It is an amazing feeling to teach in there home. We have such good lessons with them. Their desire to learn is so strong. It is great.

Sorry about the short email. Something that I have really noticed lately is that so many things come back to faith. Over and over again in the scriptures miracles happen "according to their faith." The same thing can apply to pretty much anything. God places us in certain places at different times in our lives for a reason. Sometimes things aren't easy and we struggle. But we just have to do our best and have faith in the Lord. We can let any experience strengthen us as long as we let it. That is what God would want for us. I know that He knows us and loves us. I am so grateful for that knowledge and for the chance I have to share it with others. I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment