ABM

Monday, December 9, 2013

December 8, 2013 Letter

Hi Family!


Congratulations to the Richard and Leslie Low family! That is amazing! It sounds like it was quite the experience. Thomas, Mason, and Luke eh? Where did those names come from? Leslie keep hanging in there. You are a champion! I am so glad that everything went well. Thank you for all of the pictures. I love seeing my nieces and nephews back home. I can't wait to see those three. They will probably be a lot bigger when I see them. Julie I can't believe how grown up Anne and Faye are. They look so much different! That is awesome. It sounds like your family is doing great. Exciting times!


Well this week was pretty eventful for me as well. It started out pretty normal. We got a call from the mission President on Saturday morning though. It was an emergency transfer! It was very surprising! So I actually got transferred on Saturday. I am now a district leader up in a place called Toowoomba. My new companion is Elder Palemene. He is from Samoa. He is a great guy! He finishes his mission in March I think. So he has some experience. I am excited to work with him. We are serving in the Darling Heights ward. We are in the Ipswich zone so maybe I will see Julie and Andrew around when they move here. It all happened so fast! We got the call Saturday morning and we got picked up around 11 that morning. So I didn't have too much time to pack. I was a little sad because I didn't get to say bye to everybody in my last ward and all the investigators we had. I loved that ward! But I know this is where the Lords needs me now. I am excited to serve here! Also it is cooler up here. Toowoomba is quite a bit higher in elevation so it is not so hot. I love it! Not as humid either. It will be a good place to serve for the Summer.


Mom I have not gotten your parcel yet. I hope that the Mission office will send it here and not to my last area. If not though I can get it on Christmas Eve at the mission Christmas party.


It is a lot different serving here. There are a lot more white people. There was a lot of polynesians in my last area. So maybe I won't be eating so much anymore.


Well that was my exciting news for the week. Not quite as exciting as the news back home though. Congrats again Richard and Leslie. That is awesome. Families are amazing! They are the basic unit of the church. I know I say it a lot, but I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family. Our Father in Heaven has a plan for every single one of us. We are all sent to our families for a reason. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that families are forever. I love sharing this message with the people here in Australia. Good luck with everything back home. I love you all so much! Take care!


Love,
Elder Low


P.S. How do you want me to call home on Christmas? There is a family here that says we can use their skype on boxing day to call home if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment