ABM

Monday, January 6, 2014

January 5, 2014 Letter

Hi Family,
 
Well it sounds like the Richard Low family up in Edmonton is keeping life busy. Sounds like fun. Leslie how are you doing? I am glad to hear that the triplets are all at home and that they are doing well. Karen and Alvin good luck at school again. The holidays always seemed to go by so fast.
 
Well we had a really good week. Unfortunately I did not stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve, but I did hear some loud noises from people celebrating outside. Instead us staying up late, we just made a really nice dinner. My cooking skills are coming in handy. I made water and bread..............just kidding. We had steak, potatoes, carrots, fried onions, and some tomatoes. It was actually really nice.
 
I will try to answer some questions really quick. Mom and Dad my Samoan companion is pretty trunky. He goes home in March and I think he is pretty excited. We are still working hard though. Karen people call the candy over here lollies. The two new missionaries in our flat is Elder Beveridge and Elder Pu (poo). Elder Beveridge is from Utah. He is great! He was my zone leader in my last area for awhile. I am really excited to have him here. Elder Pu is from China. He is funny! He is learning English so we have a good time with him.
 
I am not going to lie, I wish it would snow here. This week was crazy hot again! There was some record breaking heat over here. And Mom we are in one of the cooler areas. It got up to 40 degrees celcius this week. I think there were other areas that were hotter and probably a lot more humid. So I am glad I am in Toowoomba for the Summer. We tracted for 6 hours on that day that it got up to 40 degrees. We were so blessed for it though! We are really starting to see progress in this area.
 
We finally had one of our investigators come to church this week. Her name was Christine. She is from Sudan. She was suppose to be working on Sunday so she said she wouldn't be able to make it, but then she called us on Saturday and said she didn't have to work anymore on Sunday and that she wanted to come to church. It was amazing! She loved it as well. She stayed for the whole 3 hours. The members really made her feel loved. I love when the members help with the missionary work. It can bring about so many miracles!
 
It is amazing to see how much of a difference the Gospel can make in somebodies life. Christine was so happy at church yesterday. I love it! I am so grateful that we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Lord loves us so much and all he wants is for us to be happy. To find true happiness, we just have to put complete trust in Him and live the Gospel. I am so grateful for the chance I have to learn more every day. This Gospel is so true! I love it! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low




No comments:

Post a Comment