ABM

Saturday, October 11, 2014

September 9, 2014 Letter


Hey family!
 
Congratulations to the Justin and Amelia Low family!! Everett looks happy and healthy. That is exciting. So many kids!! Julie that is awesome to hear about the missionary you did in Idaho. You never know what that simple invitation to send the missionaries over can do. It can change peoples lives!
 
Well this is going to be very short today. I have some interesting news. I had quite a big surprise this week. We got our transfer calls on Sunday night and my companion Elder Giles was told that he was getting transferred. That wasn't very surprising because he had been here a long time. The surprising part was they told me that I was getting transferred as well!! I was pretty shocked. So on Monday we went around to our investigators and the members and told them the news. They were surprised as well. It was a little sad. We talked to Kim, Dianne, and Kaycee though. They are our 3 investigators that will be getting baptized next transfer. They are solid!! We told them that new missionaries will be coming around. They were pretty sad but they understand. We told them we will try to make it to each of their baptisms. I am pretty positive they will all be baptized next transfer. They have all seen the change the Gospel has brought to their lives. They each have a testimony. It is amazing! It is tough to leave, but I know the Lord has a work for me to do elsewhere.
 
As for where I got moved to, I didn't get moved very far. I actually just changed wards in Ipswich. So I am still in the same stake and same zone. The zone leader area actually moved with us as well so me and my companion are still the zone leaders in the Ipswich zone. The ward we are serving in is called the Yamanto ward. There are heaps of Polynesians in this ward!! The trust of the members towards the missionaries is pretty bad though. There was some issues here so it is going to be a lot of work. I have a great companion though! His name is Elder Tino. He is from New Zealand. He is a solid missionary. I am excited to work with him.
 
Life is full of surprises. Some good and some not quite what we hope for, but they can make us stronger. I know without a doubt that the Lord is in control. We just need to put our trust in Him. As we do all we can, He will help us be where we need to be. I am excited to serve in the Yamanto ward. I feel like there are great things waiting to happen here. We will just have to do our best and see what the Lord has in store for us. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
 
Love,
Elder Low 

No comments:

Post a Comment