ABM

Saturday, October 11, 2014

September 14, 2014 Letter


Hi family!
 
I can't believe that you are already getting winter over there. It is hard to imagine snow these days. It is getting pretty hot here. Julie you and your family are social butterflies! That would have been fun for Brian to practice his Russian. Keep it up! Karen it sounds like you are pretty swamped with work. Are you at least bringing in the big money? Just kidding.
 
Well to answer a few questions, my companion Elder Tino is actually Tongan/Samoan. I believe his Mother is Tongan and his Dad was Samoan. He is a great missionary! I am excited to work with him. Mom we actually did have to move places. We just live on the other side of Ipswich now. We actually live in a really nice house! It is definitely the nicest place I have lived in on my mission. And no I am not in Julie and Andrews Ward. We actually meet in the same Chapel though. Our ward meets at 8:00 in the morning and their ward meets at 11:00. So I may see them around.
 
We are already starting to see miracles in this area! We are actually working with a Samoan family. They Mom is a less-active member (but they can't find her records) and the rest of the family are not members. They have 4 or 5 kids. The Fui family. The Father has been coming to church for awhile now and he brings some of the kids. Tonight we are having family home evening with them. This will be our first lesson with them. We are very excited. We are also hoping to teach a 9 year old boy named Rob. Rob's older sister (in her 20's) is a recent convert to the church. We are hoping to get permission from the parents to teach Rob. We will see how it goes.
 
We have also been going through our ward lists and doing a lot of door knocking. We got 21 potential investigators this last week! So we have heaps of appointments this upcoming week. Things are really going well.
 
This week has been a real testimony builder to me of putting our trust in the Lord. We may not understand why something has happened or why something is happening, but the Lord does. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts and He will never do anything unless it be for our benefit. He knows who we can become. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who understands me perfectly. It is through His son Jesus Christ that we can find hope, purpose, and understanding. I am grateful to be a missionary at this wonderful time of the hastening. Miracles are happening. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment