ABM

Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 7, 2013 Letter

Hi Family!
 
Well It sounds like everyone enjoyed conference. That is awesome that some of you got to go. I remember last year at this time when I was there. I love conference! We get to see it this up coming weekend. So I am excited! Robbie it sounds like your lost without Cammie. Just kidding. But that is funny that Zach had to go through a window. Joanie good luck with the training for the half marathon. That is tough!
 
Well I am writing today because we had transfers today! So today is our Pday and we had our transfer meeting this morning. I have another new companion! If you include the MTC this is my seventh companion already on the mission. His name is Elder Perutu. He is from Tahiti and he has been out on his mission about eight months. He is still trying to learn English so I will be having language study with him in the morning. He also speaks fluent French though, and we are trying to teach a couple that speak French. So that will be awesome! Oh and I am still in the same area. It was my companion Elder Iongi that got transferred.
 
Mom we do a lot of different things for Pday. I think I mentioned that we play a lot of basketball. Sometimes we go to the park and there are things to do there like touch rugby. Last week we went bowling. It was fun! I got a 176. Not too bad eh? Just kidding. The weather her is starting to get even worse. I feel like I am in an oven every time I walk outside. Its great! Especially when we have the car.
 
Well the work has been going great! We had Waitai's baptism last Saturday morning. It was awesome to see her Dad baptize her. And Mom to answer your questions, Waitai's Mother lives in New Zealand. Her parents are separated and I don't think her Mom is a member of the church. They are a happy family though. Waitai is doing great! We have a ton of other investigators as well. Our tracting and GQ'ing have really been paying off. Our problem with them though is trying to get them to keep commitments. We are teaching a couple of girls name Alana and Shanna right now. Alana is 22 and Shanna is 20. They live together and Alana has 2 kids. We have had some great lessons with them! I know they have felt the Spirit. I think the biggest problem for them is just giving up a lot of things that they consider to be fun. It is sad because the worlds standards have started to drift so far away from the churches standards. 
 
Well sorry my email is so short this week. I feel like we get less time to email every week. I hope everything is going well back home though! Just remember to put the Lord first in your lives. I know that as we do that, He will strengthen us. We weren't sent to this Earth to fail. He was us to come out on top. That is why He will help us carry our burdens. The Gospel is such a blessing! I love being a missionary! Have a great week and I love you all!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment