ABM

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 30, 2015 Letter

Hi family,
 
I am glad to hear everybody had a good week. Cammie did your Mom enjoy the Oilers game? Looks like a good time. Zach congrats on the piano award! That is exciting. And I am so excited for you to get baptized this weekend. That is great! Sounds like you are pretty spoiled getting to go to General Conference as well. I love General Conference!
 
Cammie unfortunately we are still not using Facebook or iPads in this mission. It may be awhile before we get them over here. Mom my toe is doing much better now.
 
We had an interesting week though. Mostly because of medical issues. I got food poisoning! I think that was the first time I have ever had food poisoning. It was terrible! One of our potential investigators had a birthday for his 1 year old son that we got invited to. There was a lot of Tongan food. We don't know what it was, but quite a few people got sick. So my system was completely cleared out! The funny thing though was it was only the white people who got sick. None of the Islanders got sick. They must have really strong immune systems.
 
We are seeing some progress with some of our investigators as well. We met a great lady this week while knocking doors! Her name is Nerida and she is 62 years old. She recently had her Mother pass away who she was very close to. She use to be a Methodist, but she is not active in any church at the moment. We had a great lesson with her and she is going to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. We are excited for her! We also had a good lesson with Lona and Tara. They know they need to be married, it is just a matter of when. So things are progressing slowly.
 
Things have been pretty crazy, but I am so grateful to be here in the Whitsunday area. I am so grateful for the atonement in my life. He understands us perfectly! And because of that, He knows how to help us through any trial we face. Even food poisoning. And at this time of year, being Easter, we get to Remember that He Lives! Something that we should apply to our life every day. It is such an amazing message! It is only through Him that we are able to be with the people we love forever. I am so grateful for that! This Gospel is true! I love you all! I love my Savior. I hope you all have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment