ABM

Friday, May 9, 2014

May 5, 2014 Letter

Hi family,
 
Well it sounds like another busy week. All of that traveling sounds tiring. I am sorry to hear about Mason. Those triplets will definitely have a special calling in life. Also congrats to Derek Strate this week on his mission call! He will love Salt Lake! I heard that is an awesome mission!
 
Well the last few days have been pretty crazy for me. We got our transfer calls on Sunday night and I was kind of hoping I would be sticking around in Toowoomba. There are some great things happening there and I loved the area! The Lord had a different plan for me though. I was told that I was getting transferred. They don't tell us where we are going though, we just are told to pack up. So on Monday I packed up and said some good-byes. It was a little sad but I am also really excited to serve in a new area. This morning we had our transfer meeting to find out who our new companions are and where we are serving. So we woke up early this morning to make the drive down. I am now serving as a district leader on the Gold Coast. It is a big city!! It is the party place of Queensland. It is where alot of the young people who want to party live. So it is pretty much the complete opposite of Toowoomba. We stay in a suburb called Palm Beach. We live right next to a big beach! It is pretty cool. My companions name is Elder Lolohea. He is from Tonga and his English is terrible! He has only been on the mission for one transfer so I am going to finish his training with him. He seems like a really good guy. So it should be a really interesting transfer. I am excited!
 
Mom I am calling home for Mothers Day. I am not sure how yet though. We will have to talk to the members here. Hopefully we will facetime or skype. I have Richards phone number so hopefully we will get ahold of you somehow. I might be calling Monday morning here which might be around 5 or 6 Sunday evening back home. This is just a guess because I won't be able to email again before Sunday. We will work something out and get ahold of you somehow.
 
Well I am excited to start a new transfer. A little nervous as well. Lots of things change in life, but we can always count on the Gopsel. I know that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and answers prayers. He sent His son Jesus Christ to be our Savior. We here these words all the time and I feel like sometimes we don't take enough time to think about what it really means. It is an amazing message! One that will change and bless lives if we let it. But that is only if we let it. When we do our part, the Lord will always do His part. It may not be in the way we want it, but it will be in the way that is best. I know that is true! I know this Gospel is true! I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment