ABM

Friday, May 9, 2014

April 27, 2014 Letter

Hey family,

Mom it sounds like you have had quite an adventurous week. The plane ride sounds more like a roller coaster. I bet that was fun. Just kidding. I am glad you are safe. I hope you have a safe trip back up to Edmonton. Also congratulations to Dawson on the mission call! That is awesome! Cancun Mexico. Dawson will be a great missionary! Karen and Alvin congrats on graduating! It sounds like you celebrated with lots of food and chuckerama. Nothing new there. The only thing missing was the Cannon Center. I loved that place! Happy birthday to Richard this coming week! The 29th I believe. I hope you have some time to do something fun on your birthday. Also happy birthday to Addie next week on May 5th! I will say that now because I am not sure when I will be emailing next week. It is transfers so I will have to see what happens. I have been in Toowoomba for quite awhile now. I would love to stay another transfer though. 

Mom I did eat quite a bit of Easter chocolate. We still have lots left though. So I don't think I am losing any weight. Our mission is not on Facebook either. I have no clue when that will happen. I thought it would be sometime in 2014 though. 

Well we had another pretty successful week. Unfortunately we haven't been finding many new people to teach though. We have been trying to work with the ward on that. We don't get many referrals from the ward at all. Missionary work is a lot more effective when members introduce people to the missionaries. We are doing better with having members come to lessons with us, but it is the finding we need help with. Tracting isn't very effective. I can just imagine sitting at home and two random guys showing up at my door. I probably wouldn't care much about what they are saying. We have had some success with it though. But there is much better ways to do missionary work. We are working on that.

We are having success with the people we are teaching though. We finally caught up with Noel last week. We had a good talk and we actually set another date for him to be baptized on May 31st. We still have some things to work on with him, but I feel that he will be ready. I hope I get to stick around for that. We also had another great lesson with Adolphin. We took her a Book of Mormon in French and she was very excited. Apparently she has been reading it every day. We are excited to see her again. Candice is a work in Progress. Again she feels like she has to know everything. We don't even know everything as missionaries. That is why we study every morning. We will keep working with her though. 

Something pretty crazy happened this week. My companion and I were driving down the road and we heard a pretty loud bang. I saw some dust fly up in the air a little ways ahead of us and a big truck swerving over onto the sidewalk. When we got closer it was a big car crash. It looked like this big truck smashed into a small car. I didn't see the people in the car, but I saw some of the people around it looking away from the scene. It looked pretty bad. I am not sure what happened to the people in the crash, but it really got me thinking. Things can change so fast and we are often hit with surprises in our life. On Sunday our Bishop talked about how we need to always let the people that we care about know that we love them. We also need to show it in our actions. Often we just assume people already know that we love them, but when we say it and show it, it means so much more. I also read a great talk on forgiveness this week. When we don't forgive others, we are only hurting ourselves and preventing healing to take place. Seeing this accident really made me realize how precious life is. We need to make the most of it every day and show the people we care about that we love them. Don't hold grudges, because you never know what is going to happen. If we really strive every day to live the Gospel, we will have a lot less regrets. We will probably still face surprises and challenges, but the Lord will help us through. I hope you all know how much I love you. I am very appreciative of the support you give me each week. I am so glad that families are forever. Have a great week! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment