ABM

Monday, November 4, 2013

November 3, 2013 Letter

Hi family!
 
Well it sounds like Halloween was pretty successful back home. Lots of fun! I saw all the pictures that you sent. I always loved Halloween. I would come home with a ton of candy, and then I would sneak even more from the laundry room. Maybe that is why I had a little bit of an obesity issue. Good times. Halloween wasn't very big over here. Or at least it wasn't in the area that I am serving in. Like I said, this area is pretty dangerous. The suburb where we stay is called Woodridge, and apparently it is always on the news and has a very bad reputation. I don't think we saw anybody out trick-or-treating. By the way happy birthday on the 6th Jason! Maybe by the time I get home you will be old and tired so I can beat you at tennis. Just kidding.
 
Well I feel like I just wrote everybody. Time goes by so fast out here. We do not have daylight savings time here so I think we are 17 hours ahead now. This week has been really interesting. We have had a lot of changes in the ward that I am serving in. We have a new bishopric and most of the auxilary leaders were changed as well. So we are getting into the swing of working with some new people. It is great! I think the members are really starting to get into the work.
 
Mom I am not too sure what else would be good in a Christmas package. Maybe some socks? The ones I brought with me are a little small. But I can also buy socks here. Whatever works for you. I can't believe how close Christmas is.
 
Well this week has been a little bumpy. We are really struggling with getting our investigators to keep appointments or keep commitments. A lot of the people we are teaching have broken English as well so we have to go pretty slow. One of the big things we have been trying to focus on is getting people out to church. There was a couple weeks there when we had quite a few people coming too church. In the last little while it seems like they are getting caught up in worldly things again. We are still working hard though.
 
We have some tough times but we have also have tons of little miracles. Something interesting happened at church yesterday. A random African man just came into sacrament meeting and sat down. When we talked to him, we found out that he just wanted to see what goes on in this big building. He said he had drove by it many times but has never come in. So yesterday he decided to come in. He also said he was looking for a church to join. He came to the right one! Unfortunately he does not live in our area, so we have to refer in to the other Elders, but that is alright. As long as he is being taught the Gospel!
 
Lately in my studies I have been reading a lot about miracles. Mormon and Moroni both talk quite a bit about how miracles don't cease to exist. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. We have the power to work miracles according to our faith. I love the verses in Mormon 9: 15-19. We have a God of miracles! He wants to give us miracles! The only reason why He wouldn't is because of our unbelief. I love that. We are so blessed to have someone so Powerful on our side. I know that we can all see miracles in our lives. Anyway, I hope you all have a great week full of blessings and miracles. I love you all so much!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment