ABM

Sunday, September 8, 2013

September 8, 2013

Hi family!!
 
Sounds like everybody is back to work after a good week in Waterton. It sounds like everyone did a lot of stuff up there. That is awesome. I love Waterton. So who is all starting school? Julie I can't believe Claire is already going to pre-school. How does Zach like grade 1? Future valedictorian? Just kidding. Dad I am pretty sure the time difference between here and there is 16 hours. So it should be around 8 pm there right now on Sunday night if I am correct. BYU beat Texas eh? Maybe it will be a good season. Karen I am sorry to hear about the mono. I hope you get better soon.
 
Well this week was pretty awesome! I love it here. From what I am told though my area is quite different from other areas. I get to learn all the polynesian slang. It is really funny. They are super friendly people though! It is the white people in this area that aren't so nice. When a white person opens the door here, they often just take one look at us and slam the door. I am starting to understand people a lot better though. It is mostly just learning all the different words they have here. Like fries are called chips, the trunk of the car is called the boot, people go to the toilet instead of the bathroom, and a bunch of other things I can't remember right now. And Justin there are seriously fish and chip shops everywhere! My companion took me to one the first day I was here.
 
Well I will try to answer as many questions as I can in as little time as I can. Karen we do get exercise time, but for the amount of food I have been eating it doesn't do too much. I am really trying hard not to eat too much. For exercise each morning we wake up at 5:45 and go to the chapel to play basketball with the other Elders. Justin we do get to play touch rugby. We actually do it on Saturdays though. We invite a bunch of less-active members and non-members to come play and meet the missionaries. We had a really good turn out last week. We met about 4 or 5 people that weren't members of the church show up. We talked to them for a bit and hopefully we can be able to teach them sometime. It isn't too hot here yet. It has probably been around 25 degrees lately. But it is definitely starting to heat up. Yes dad I have seen some big spiders! I am a little paranoid. We were helping a family clean some bushes in their yard the other day and every time I felt something touch me I would freak out. I hate spiders! Mom there is a library here that we email from. It is pretty busy though. That is why we don't get much time to email. I just drive a  Toyota. I haven't crashed yet and I hope I never will. Driving on the left side of the road just seems natural now. We eat meals with members 3 times a week. We are allowed to have dinner with members every night but we have to have an investigator there. So maybe in a little while we will be eating more with members.
 
We have been super busy this week! We got a big list from the ward with all the part member families in our boundaries. The ward has about 600 members but only 200 are active. So we have been visiting them a lot. We are really working on getting people to church. We were also visiting with a returned missionary that has gone less active. He is engaged to be married in November so we were meeting with him and his fiance. His fiance is not a member so we have been teaching her and the returned missionary is doing great! They both came to church yesterday. His name is Paula and her name is Leiana. We also set a date for Waitai Iqua for October 5th. Other than that we are still trying really hard to find people that will let us in their home to teach. It is a lot of work! But I love it! It is very multi-cultural here and I love meeting everyone.
 
This Gospel is true! I'd bet my life on it. I love being here in Australia. I know this is where the Lord needs me to be. I have really learned this week that as we do our very best to do the Lords work, he will provide a way for us. We have spent many hours tracting, GQ'ing, and visiting this week. There are often times that we get rejected for hours. But it is so worth it when we find that person who has been waiting for us. The Gospel changes lives! I love being able to be that instrument in the Lords hands. He has so much in store for us. I love you all! I love being a missionary! Have an awesome week.
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment