ABM

Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013 Letter

Hi family,

Well it sounds like a lot of people are ending summer with a bang. That is fun having so many people at the cabin. I wish I could see all the little kids. It is going to be really weird for me in a couple years to see how much they have all grown. Do we have any water skiers yet? Did Zach try this year? Alvin how are you enjoying your first echo experience? Also thank you so much for the package Karen and Alvin! I love getting mail. Mom what do you mean by having nobody in school? Karen are you not enrolled for the fall semester?

This week has been pretty crazy. As you know, my old companion Elder Baisden went home. He left Thursday morning. It was tough, but I think it was best for both of us. I am now in a trio. My companions names are Elder Va'enuku and Elder Clare. Elder Va'enuku is from Texas and Elder Clare is from Wisconsin. They are awesome Elders! I love serving with them. We are pretty busy though. Because of everything that happened, we are now covering my stake and also the two other stakes that they were covering. So we have lots to do. The best part about it though is that we have a car! I love it. It is definitely more efficient for us and now I don't have to worry about turning into a lobster as much.

As far as my flight plans go, I think I like them a lot better. I don't know how many of you have heard, but I no longer have a 14 hour layover in LA. I am flying with another Elder that came out of the MTC with me. We fly out of Salt Lake around 5:45 pm next Monday, and we are flying to Texas. We only have about a 50 minute layover so we will have to move really quick. Our next flight to Australia though is about 16 hours. So that is a lot of flying! Should be fun. I am so excited though! I know that Australia is where the Lord needs me, and I am excited to serve there. I think most of the Elders I knew from the MTC are already there. So I am excited to see some of them as well. If I have time to call, I will definitely be calling from the Salt Lake airport. I will try calling home, and if that doesn't work, Mom and Dad I will try your cell phones.

Well as far as the work goes this week we were plenty busy. A lot of the lessons we teach now are in the other two stakes. So I am getting a chance to meet a lot of new people. It is great. The baptism for Sephy is still on date for this Saturday. I am really excited about that! She has been learning so much and I am really surprised how much she remembers. She is a bright girl. We are also teaching a new family in the stake, the Farnsworth family. The Mom and Dad are less active, and they have 5 kids. I think I may have mentioned them last week. But it is amazing to see there progress. The Dad really wants to come back to church. The oldest daughter Mia is 8 years old and she is really into it. We gave her a Book of Mormon stories and she is already read to about 1 Nephi 20. I love seeing children getting involved in the Gospel. Something interesting was mentioned in a meeting yesterday. They talked about how children are so close to our Heavenly Father because they have been with Him a very short time ago. It is so true. I have been able to see that a lot on my mission especially in Utah where we work with a lot of younger kids.

I just want to share my testimony with all of you that I know our Savior lives and loves us all. It has become more apparent every day on my mission that He knows us personally. We have a special opportunity to communicate with our Heavenly Father every day. He still speaks to us. We can receive revelation just like the people did in the scriptures. That has been such a blessing to me, especially on my mission. I love you all so much and pray for you every day. Have an awesome week!

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment