ABM

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013 Letter

Hi Family,
Well it sounds like Summer is starting to come to a close at home. I remember by the time the parade rolled around I felt like school was just around the corner. Sounds like everybody is still busy and enjoying life though. Karen and Alvin I bet you guys are excited to get finals over with for a few weeks. Coming out of that last final is one of the best feelings ever. Robbie and Cammie that is pretty awesome that you will be in Justin and Amelia's ward. Cardston is being overrun by Lows.

Well this week was pretty interesting. Transfers were last week, and they didn't move me anywhere. So I am still here in Payson with Elder Baisden. But then something else came up. Like I said earlier, my companion Elder Baisden has had a rough mission. He talked to the President yesterday and he is heading home this week. So I am not sure what they are going to do with me. I am guessing I will be in a trio for two weeks until I leave to Australia. So I am not sure what my mailing address is going to be or where I will be at. I will let you know what happens next week.

I am glad the mission office sent my flight plans to you. It sounds like I am flying out of Salt Lake around 8:30 a.m. on August 26th and I will get to LA around 9:30. Then I have a fourteen hour layover before my flight leaves to Australia. I am guessing I will probably be meeting up with some other Elders or I might fly out of Salt Lake with some Elders from the MTC. We will see. So I will probably be calling that morning before I leave Salt Lake and I will use the calling card. If you want me to find some other way to call let me know.

I will try to answer a few questions quick. Dad the other bike I have kind of broke down as well. There are just so many puncture weeds in Payson. I have had a ton of flat tires. We have patched them multiple times but it just keeps happening. But I think they may put me with some missionaries that have a car anyway. So it shouldn't matter. Doing missionary work on facebook is very interesting. The only person we are teaching online is Elder Baisden's sister but I have been asked questions by other people. It is actually a really effective way to get information out. I doubt my mission in Australia will be using it yet, but maybe in a bit. And I am definitely excited to go to Australia! I know it is going to be a lot different, but I know that is where the Lord needs me. Hopefully I can do some good out there.
 
Well we still tried to make the best out of this week with everything going on. Everything is still on plan for Sephy Dodd's baptism on the 24th. She actually asked me if I would do the baptism. So if I am still covering this area, I will get to baptize her the weekend before I leave. I would love that. If not, some other Elders will take care of it. Cami and Brock came to church again this week as well. It is awesome! It may take them some time, but it is amazing to see them taking steps in the right direction. I am not sure if I have mentioned much about Mike Sorenson, but he is probably around 40 and has a rough couple of years. He has really been wanting to come back to church for a long time, but his work doesn't allow him. He is a truck driver and he has been working Sunday's for years. So we told him to pray about it. Last week we found out that his work changed his schedule. He said he had no clue why. But now he has Sundays and Mondays off. So he came to church! I love seeing how the Lord works.

Robbie I love how you said that missions are so personal. It is true. I have learned so much on my mission, even though I have only been out for a couple of months. This is exactly what I need right now in my life. I got to speak in church yesterday, and I decided to speak on prayer. I love how much I learn as I study. Prayer is something that I think I have taken for granted a lot in my life. I have really coming to realize that we are literally speaking to our Father in Heaven. It is such a blessing to be able to talk to Him wherever and whenever. I heard a great description that goes something like this. God isn't behind us pushing us, He is in front of us leading and guiding us. He has His hand stretched out and He is just waiting for us to grab hold. Through prayer we can begin to do that. He wants to bless us. He sees us going through trials, and He wants us to succeed. That is why He has provided us with prayer. When we don't ask for help, we are only hurting ourselves. It is my testimony that our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ know each of us personally. Because of the atonement, Jesus Christ knows how to help us. He has been there. Just like it says in Alma 7:12. I am so grateful for that. Thank you for all your love and support. I really appreciate it. I hope you all have a great week. Love you!

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment