ABM

Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013 Letter

Hey family,
Happy Canada Day!! I wish I could be up there. Is everyone going to go to party in the park and the fireworks? I always loved the fireworks. I am glad the reception went well! Sounds like one of the best receptions I have hear about, especially with all that Canadian candy. And yes I ran into Karen! How crazy is that. I also believe that it wasn't a coincidence. It was a good day! Karen thank you so much for the brownies and the cookies. You are awesome! I love you. And Robbie happy late birthday! I was going to say happy birthday last week so it wasn't late, but it must have slipped my mind. I did wake up that morning saying it is Robbie's birthday though. Sounds like you had a great day. I just wanted to say thank you so much for the example you have been to me and for all the help you gave me at school. I really appreciate it. Love you!

Well it sounds like the flooding up there did quite some damage. That is crazy. I bet the stampede will be interesting this year. Hopefully there aren't too many injuries.

Well Payson is great! It is boiling hot though. I think it is even hotter than Provo. It has been over 100 degrees every day. The highest I saw was 108. And the worst part is that our swamp cooler in our place is busted. We live in a double wide trailer that is actually pretty big. It is really dirty though. But the space is nice. Our thermostat said it was 99 degrees in there the other day though. I was sweating like crazy! We are going to try and get someone to fix it this week. My new companions name is Elder Baisden. He is 26 years old and from Idaho. It sounds like he has had a rough mission and some rough companions. But we are doing good! We are working hard and doing the best we can, even though it is boiling hot out. I am still on a bike, but my bike is tiny and the seat is broken. So I have to stand up. Elder Baisden makes fun of me because he say I look weird when I ride it. It is good exercise though.

I have had some good experiences this week. We are working with some interesting people. One man we are working with keeps telling us how God turned his back on him. We are making progress though. He loves having us in our home and He definitely knows that God is real. We just have to help him strengthen his faith. I also got to teach combined priesthood and relief society yesterday since it was the fifth Sunday. My companion was speaking in another ward so we went on splits while I taught. I think it went pretty well, or at least I hope it did. I had an amazing experience in the Temple this week though. Seeing Karen on Monday made me really start to think about families. I thought about it and realized I have never really prayed to know if families can be together forever even though I have prayed about many other things. So I knew it was true, but I wanted to see if I could get an answer to that. So before I went to the temple, I prayed that I would have a good experience while I was there. While we were sitting in the Chapel in the temple, the organist started to play "Families can be together forever." I felt so strongly right then that I can be with my family forever. I know it. I love you all so much and I couldn't imagine living without all of you. It was also another answer to me that prayers are answered. I don't know what I would do on my mission without the power of prayer.

I will try to quickly answer a few more of the question I remember. Mom I would love if I could get an ipod and a little speaker. I don't think I could get music on it down here because I can't get on the internet to put it on. I do have an old ipod somewhere that can't get on the internet, but it has a lot of stuff on it. You could erase that though. And I am not sure my mailing address. Maybe you could just sent it to the mission office. Whatever works. And yes I do play the piano a little bit here. I often play in our district training meetings and in our stake correlations. I am glad you made me take piano lessons Mom. Julie that is awesome to hear that you are doing missionary work! Keep it up. Sorry to hear about the sickness though. That is a bummer.

Well I hope you all have a good week. I guess I will leave you with my testimony like always. Karen's favorite part. I know that this Gospel is true. I know that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and that through him the Gospel has been restored. The power of God has been restored on this Earth and through that we can perform miracles. What a great blessing that is. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Low

P.S. I am trying to put pictures on but something weird is happening. So I will try again another time. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment