ABM

Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013




Hi Family!

How is everything going? It sounds like some crazy things have happened this week. Robbie and Cammie congratulations on being re-united today. That would be tough to be away for that long. That is why it is so nice to know that families can be together forever. Joanie and Ryan it sounds like you had a great time in South Carolina. That is awesome! Sorry to here about Diane Ballard's car. That is really sad. I hope they can find her laptop. And Mom happy late birthday! I keep forgetting to say happy birthday the week before. I hope you had an awesome day. Thank you so much for putting up with me all these years and helping me reach my potential. You are the best Mom I could ever ask for! I hope everyone treated you like a princess, cause you deserve it.


Well I will try to answer some question quick. The man named Roy that we are meeting with is a trucker, so he has a very weird schedule. They can call him in at any time to go somewhere. So we have not found a date for him to be baptized yet. We are working on it. CammieElder Fry is a missionary in Salem. He is the district leader so I was on splits with him for a day. We get to go to the temple twice a month. Once with our companion and once as a district. But the Provo temple is closed this month so we don't get to go this month. Karen I got my mailing address finally! Sorry it took so long. I don't know how to put it together, but it is Payson, UT. The street address is 780 North 500 East. And the zip code is 84651. I think that is all. Mom I am not sure what to tell you about the music. I thought it just said that we can't have headphones or anything that can access the internet. If that is the case, an iPod or MP3 players that can't get on the internet should be fine.


Well this week was pretty awesome, just like every week in the mission. I love being a missionary! My bike finally gave out this week though. We were riding home one night and my pedal broke while I was riding. So I went down pretty hard. I managed to catch myself though so I didn't rip my pants. My hands got pretty ripped up though. But that is ok. What is a mission without at least one bike crash right? So we have been walking these last couple of days. It really makes you feel like a missionary when you are out walking around in the heat all day. I love it! It is so worth it. I know I keep telling you about all these different people I teach. Sorry about that. It is hard for me to remember who I have and haven't talked about. But there were a few families this week that we had really good lessons with. One is a very young family. Their names are Brock and Cammie Hanks. They are pretty young. They have an eight year old boy named Stetson and a younger daughter. I think I have mentioned them before. But while we were teaching them this week, Brock and Cammie really showed an interest in being sealed in the temple. It was amazing. I love seeing happy families! They have some things they need to work out, but it seemed like they were willing to do so. And I know that with the help of the Lord, they can make it to the temple. To me there is no great blessing in this life than the knowledge to know that we can be with our families forever. I know I say it a lot, but it is true. Another family I want to tell you about is not one that we are teaching, but they fed us dinner one night. The Mendez family. They are a Spanish family that live in a very small home. They don't have much, so it was very humbling to see that they were willing to feed us. It was amazing how grateful they were. They said they love to have the missionaries in their home because it blesses them. They were an awesome family. God really has given us everything and we owe so much to Him. Being in their home really made me realize how much I have and how thankful I am. I know I don't show it as much as I should, so I will try to do better. Serving a mission is just the tiniest way of thanking my Heavenly Father. Just like King Benjamin said, even if we spent all our days in service to the Lord, we would still be unprofitable servants. But our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ love us. So as long as we do our best, they are happy with us.


I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be on a mission. It is wonderful to see how the Gospel can change lives. It is the most amazing feeling to see someone take that first step towards receiving Eternal Life. It is so worth it! Even if I had to spend every day all day walking in 100 degree weather, it would still be worth it. God has so much in store for us and everyone around us. It is such an amazing blessing to share this message with others. I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!


Love,

Elder Low
I did hear about the Scottish festival. We were thinking about going to the parade that morning, but we stayed home and studied instead. Mom,

No comments:

Post a Comment