ABM

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9, 2013

 
 
Hey Family!
Sorry I didn't get to write an email yesterday. Another set of Elders by us had to go up to Provo yesterday and for some reason we had to go with them. I don't know why. I didn't feel like we did much. But we got permission to write emails today for lunch. Sounds like things are pretty busy! Richard and Leslie congrats on baby #2!! That is awesome. I hope I start getting emails from everyone else with similar news. Just kidding.

Well this week was good! It sounds like you all heard about the 4th of July. It was pretty awesome! And yes Cammie I was a little confused when I heard my name because I couldn't see you. I must have looked lost. That's funny. But it was great seeing you and your family! I also saw Uncle Jim and Janelle with there family! It was a crazy morning. I loved it! I wish I could send the video I took of the parade. Missionaries get treated great here! After the parade we just had a big lunch with all the missionaries. They didn't want us out that night because they didn't want us to get hurt. I guess things can get pretty crazy. So from 5 to 9 that night we met up with our district at the church and played some basketball and watched a movie. The mission gave us permission to watch "How to Train your Dragon." Mom you should watch it sometime. I think you would like it. We didn't get to watch fireworks. They probably thought that one of us would get hurt. Kind of like Karen's story. I'm glad you survived Karen. I definitely heard them that night though. Lots of people were setting them off in the neighborhood. So July 4th was pretty much a long Pday. It was good.

Now I will try to answer questions. We got our swamp cooler fixed!! It feels great! But it also got a little cooler outside. We have had some crazy flash storms. Some with hail. Sorry to hear about the garden. Hopefully it survives! Elder Baisden and I got caught in one on our way to meet with a Bishop. So we got soaked! And Dad it is definitely easier to walk then to ride my bike. But it is not as fast and my legs are getting some good exercise. It will last me until I go to Australia. Mom what would be best for you about the music? I thought I read in my call that I wasn't suppose to have CD's in Australia. I can't remember. And the name of the mission is the Utah Provo mission, or Provo Utah mission. Same thing.

Well the teaching this week has been up and down. We have been trying to meet with a lot of new people and they have been cancelling on us a lot. We do have one investigator named Roy though that is ready for Baptism! He is an awesome guy. He is probably around Dad's age. We just have to find a time for him to be baptized because he has a super busy schedule. I went on splits with Elder Fry this week as well. We found an amazing family in his area, the Martinez family. They are from Kansas and just barely moved here. They said they had one day to find a home here and they found a great one. They love the neighborhood and the people here. They have seven kids and they said people would always looked at them funny in Kansas when they told people that. So Utah is the perfect place for them! I really believe that the Lord guided them to this area. Everything has fallen in place for them and they are excited to hear about the Gospel. The Lord really does have His hand in everything.

So yesterday morning was a little rough. We didn't get to write emails and I had a big headache. I wasn't in the greatest mood. But when we got a little time in the afternoon I decided to read my scriptures. It is amazing what studying the scriptures can do for you. My headache left and I was in a much better mood. I love that I have time to study every day. The Gospel is truly amazing! The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I can't think of a whole lot of things that would be a better use of time than studying the scriptures. They are amazing. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment