ABM

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013 Letter

Hey Family!
 
How is it going? I can't remember if I said this last week but it sounds like the wedding went great! That is awesome. How was the cruise Karen and Alvin? Was it everything you dreamed of and more? It sounds like everybody is gone and things are calming down. How are you feeling mom? Is the stress gone? Robbie it sounds like work is killer. I am sorry. That is a lot of work. Your probably making pretty good money though right? Cammie are you excited to babysit? Maybe I will run into you down here. Sounds like Waterton was a blast. I love that place.
 
Well I am not going to lie, I am still trying to get use to serving in Provo. Every time I look at the big Y on the mountain I feel like I am at school again. I am actually in the library at BYU right now. I already saw Ryan Quinton and Meghan Hartley. They both thought it was pretty funny that I am here. But I am loving it! I am getting a ton of opportunities to teach. Most of the people we teach are less active or they are about to turn eight. The less active members here always get there missionaries to come teach their children when they turn eight because they know that they need to be baptized. So we do a lot of that. We do have one non-member we are teaching though. Her name is Robin. We got her to come to church yesterday! So that was awesome. We already had 2 baptisms last weekend. I only got to teach a few lessons with them but it was awesome to see them get baptized. We also had one man we are teaching receive the Melchezidek priesthood. It was amazing. His wife was so happy. There is so much to do in Provo. It really surprised me.
 
Well let me tell you about my trainer. He is a very interesting person. Elder Harpole definitely has a unique personality. He is from Texas so that helped explain a lot. Just kidding. He loves to sing, especially Les Miserables. I often find him starring at me while he is singing weird songs. It is a little creepy. But what can you do. He has a great heart though! I think he has been a little less motivated the last couple of months, but we are getting back on track. We have been working really hard this week. And unfortunately we do not get a car. We are in the Provo west area so we have bikes. I am getting a pretty sweet tan. And don't worry, I am wearing sunscreen. It has been so hot down here! I am not sure how I am going to handle Australia.
 
I have not heard anything about my visa yet. They said it could be days, weeks, or even months. So I guess I will just have to wait and see. But that is ok. Provo is awesome! I love teaching. There are some amazing families around here.
 
Dad it sounds like you had a good Fathers Day. I wish I could have been there. I just wanted to say thank you for everything. You work so hard every day and you expect nothing in return. You are the kindest man I know. You are always thinking of others and are willing to serve. The biggest thing I notice about you is how much love you have for everyone around you and especially your children. You are the most Christ like person I know. You have been such an amazing example to me. I hope some day I can return the favor. Thank you so much for everything you do. I love you.
 
Well I hope everyone has a great week! This Gospel is so true. The Lord has a hand in everything we do. We may not notice it at the time, but the Lord is always putting people or other things in our path to help us become better people and ultimately prepare us to live with him again. He wants us to succeed, and that is why he is always helping us. And just like it says multiple times in the scriptures, his hand is always stretched out. We just have to let him help us. Love you all!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment