ABM

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 4, 2015 Letter

Hi family!
 
It sounds like it was an amazing stake conference back home. That is good to hear. The people here in Bowen actually know Elder Hamula pretty well. He came up to visit this small town when he came to our mission. Kamry and Jason congrats!! Beck William Low sounds like a healthy baby. I am excited to meet him!
 
Mom and Dad I am still trying to find a way to call you next week. I have your numbers so I will try and figure something out.
 
Well I think I say it every week, but it has been a battle. I find that the toughest times on the mission bring me closest to the Savior. I am grateful to face hard things in my life. Our branch is shrinking. The 1st and 2nd counsellor in the Branch Presidency moved very suddenly and unexpectedly these past few weeks. The Young Women's President moved as well and there are a few others moving out. We have very few people attending the branch at the moment. But the Spirit is still strong in the meetings. It is wonderful! I love the Gospel!
 
We were able to have a lesson with that great young couple from the Philippines. Sam and Rosalie. They have two young kids and a strong faith in Christ. We taught the message of the Restoration and invited them to be baptized. They are very loyal to their church and have a few concerns, but we are working through them. The Spirit was very strong and we are going back to see them this week before they go on a short holiday to Sydney. We also met a great 21 year old guy named Harley. He has done a lot of religious study and had some great questions about the church. We had a lesson with him one day and he invited us back the next. When we came back the next day he has read 12 chapters in the Book of Mormon. He is great! He really wants to read more and learn more before he commits to anything though. The only unfortunate thing is that he works in the mines. So he goes away for 2 weeks at a time. He just left so I probably won't be able to see him again before I go, but I was grateful to meet him and share my testimony with him. I really hope he comes around one day. So those are a few of the miracles we saw this week.
 
I can't believe how fast time is going right now. Sometimes I wish it would just slow down a bit. I am so grateful for everything I have learned so far on my mission. Most of all I am so grateful for my Saviour Jesus Christ. I have come to know more than ever that He Lives. He understands us perfectly. Whatever the trial may be, whether it is emotional, physical, financial, etc. He will help us through. We just have to Follow His plan.  It is real! God loves us and He hears our prayers. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment