ABM

Sunday, May 3, 2015

April 12, 2015 Letter

Hi family!
 
Well I am glad everybody had a safe trip home from Utah. Sounds like its just back to everyday life now. Also I am sorry to hear about Uncle Bart. He will be in my prayers. We are very blessed to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.
 
It has been a good week for us. The wind seems to be picking up around the area so it is very nice to have a breeze when we are outside. We had another great lesson with Lona and Tara as well. They said they would let us know this week what their decision will be about either getting married or living in different homes. We are aiming for May 16th for Tara's baptism but with the 30 day wait for a marriage license it will most likely be too close. And I am pretty certain they are going to get married. Things are going in the right direction! I just might not be around for when she gets baptized. That is ok though.
 
We got to see General Conference as week! I love General Conference. There were so many amazing messages. A quote that really stuck out to me came from Kevin W. Pearson. He is actually our area President here. He said "average is the enemy of excellence." Along with that, Elder M. Russell Ballard challenged young adults to raise the bar. In todays world we can't spiritually survive by just casually reading our scriptures and saying our same prayers before we go to bed. We need to really immerse ourselves in the scriptures and apply what we learn to our lives as well as having meaningful heartfelt prayers. It is more important than ever. The world is a dangerous place especially for kids growing up. I am so grateful for the things I have learned on my mission. The Lord with protect us and give us strength as we put forth our best effort to follow Him. He loves us and knows us personally! He knows our weaknesses and he wants to help us with them. It is true! I am so grateful for the Gospel. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low  

No comments:

Post a Comment