ABM

Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 15, 2015 Letter

Hi family!
 
I am glad to hear that the Justin and Amelia Low family as well as Mom and Dad are enjoying their time in Mexico. It sounds like a lot of fun! Hopefully the wheather isn't too bad when you go home.
 
Well this week has been quite a crazy week. My new companions name is Elder Mareweieta. He is straight from Kiribati. He is a character. You can definitely tell he has not been in a first world country before. He doesn't know how to work a washing machine, stove, etc. So it is almost like teaching a kid. His English isn't too bad but definitely needs some work. I love him though! I am excited to work with him for the next 2 transfers. We have not made it to WhitSunday yet. We are staying down close to Brisbane for a week because Elder Mareweieta is going to a new missionary orientation. That will be this Thursday and Friday. We will most likely be flying up to our area on Saturday.
 
So this week we have been working in an area called Springwood. We have been doing a lot of running around as well. We had to do some shopping for Elder Mareweieta to get him some shirts, pants, shoes, socks, etc. because he didn't have much coming from Kiribati. I also had to go to the podiatrist to get part of my big toe nail cut out. I had a really bad ingrown toe nail that I figured I should get taken care of before I go up north. So it has been a very interesting week.
 
To answer some questions about WhitSunday, it is a big tourist place so it is going to be a little different for missionary work. There is just us and a senior couple up there. Other missionaries are a long way away. Fortunately we will be full time car because our area is so big. So we will be leaving our bikes down in Brisbane.
 
It is great to know that the Gospel is the same anywhere you go. The Lord is preparing his Children everywhere, even in WhitSunday! I am so excited to see what the Lord has prepared for us there. One of my favorite quotes is "there is no growth in the comort zone, and there is no comfort in the growth zone." In order to strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ, we need to work at it every day. It takes effort and time. But it is so worth it. I am so excited for these last few months in WhitSunday. I know that if we give everything we have to the Lord, He will bless us with miracles. This Gospel is true! Iove being a missionary! I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment